Dr. Martin is an AI consultant with over 15 years of experience, having consulted for Godaddy, GLG, Blackrock, eBay and other high-profile companies. He specializes in Computational Advertising, NLP, Deep Learning, and Predictive Analytics.
University of Chicago - USA 1990 - 1994
PhD in Theoretical Chemistry with Computational Quantum Mechanics
UIUC Urbana-Champaign 1995 - 1997
NSF Postdoctoral Fellow (Machine Learning)
1 of 2 to be offered this nationwide.
The Ohio State University 1990 - 1994
BSc in Math & Chemistry
Graduated top 5 in class with honors and distinction.
2002 - Present
- Providing Machine Learning and Big Data solutions, specializing in research and development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) software.
- Agile scientific process with fast turn-around to test revenue generating algorithms to get ROI from big data.
- Business strategy, research and development applying state-of-the-art ML and AI methods for generating more traffic, increasing engagement, driving more online sales, and boosting revenue.
- Wall Street, Telecom, Big Pharma, eCommerce, Alternative Energy, early and late stage startups, and the worlds largest Internet companies.
- Pricing models, computational advertising, Q&A, search relevance, recommender systems, NLP, computational physics, and deep learning research.
- PhD Researcher and invited speaker to top business schools and R&D institutes (UC Berkeley, Stanford).
- Professional software engineer and team lead, working alongside project and product managers to get ML solutions deployed fast and in budget.
- 20 years software development, very hands on coding, architecture, leading teams, running client projects, and solving hard data science problems.
GoDaddy 2016 - 2016
- Developed pricing model for aftermarket domain names.
Swoop 2015 - 2016
- Helped develop and implement online learning algorithms for computational advertising.
- Revenue increased by 30% within 1 month.
GLG 2011 - 2012
- Helped develop the HighTable Q&A product, a Quora-like service business-oriented questions and professional answers.
- Implemented ML-based solutions for Q&A search relevance, profile cluster, and large scale Machine Learning.
- Developed software in ruby, python, and C++.
BlackRock (formerly BGI) 2019 - 2019
- Conducting equity market research, developing novel alpha (market prediction) algorithms using highly unconventional techniques.
- Collaborated with Technology Innovation group and Finance Equity Researchers, interacting daily.
eBay 2019 - 2019
Two Consulting Engagements:
- First, worked with customer service product development business unit developing an ML learning solution to classify customer support emails.
- Second, improved search engine relevance algorithm.
- Work involved both business analysis and research and development using state-of-the-art ML/text mining methods. This involved large-scale, multi-class and structural Support Vector Machines (SVM), NLP tools, etc.
- Improved search by 15%.
Charles D. is now available for hire